BUILDING OF THE CHURCH

The cornerstone was laid in July, 1903 and the church was dedicated in July, 1904.

This link is to an excellent article on the building of this church on the Mary Baker Eddy Library website:

https://www.marybakereddylibrary.org/research/building-mrs-eddys-gift-to-concord-new-hampshire/

We have just recently received these photos from The Mary Baker Eddy Library of the construction process.

Photo by Minnie Weygandt. © The Mary Baker Eddy Collection.

Used by permission.

Photo by Minnie Weygandt. © The Mary Baker Eddy Collection.

Used by permission.

This is the East main entrance of the church showing two of the three front doors.  You can see the beginning of the round place where the rose window will be placed above the center door.

Photograph of the exterior of First Church, Concord, N.H., during construction, circa 1903.

Photo by Minnie Weygandt. © The Mary Baker Eddy Collection.

Used by permission.

This is the north wall and the place where the transept window will be.  At the time of the dedication, the transept windows had not yet been shipped from England.  (For more information on the transept windows, see the Windows link above under the Edifice main heading.)

Courtesy of The Mary Baker Eddy Collection.
Original in The Mary Baker Eddy Library.

Marble Footer shorter